We Fly with the Fastest ...
With 80+ years of experience and reliability, our products are aboard virtually every major commercial, military and space vehicle program. Our talented, loyal and dedicated employees provide highest quality and innovative solutions, products and services to meet our customers' needs.
Under general direction, plans and performs as project lead in important and difficult product design and development engineering assignments to provide complex parts, components and assemblies/systems for designated company product lines. Ensures conformance to customer design requirements and company contractual commitments. Assists, when directed, on engineering research projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs as project lead for major projects, providing required engineering analyses and calculations. Guides and coordinates the work of lower grade engineers, designers and technicians engaged in the design, fabrication, test and evaluation of parts components and systems.
* When required, acts as project coordinator with members of customer service, manufacturing engineering, production control, purchasing, manufacturing and quality assurance in the production of first article hardware and the qualification and production of those items.
* During the proposal phase, prepares technical proposals, including technical writing and drawings, for eventual submittal to customers. Provides all necessary coordination to clarify scope of the program and provides recommendations relevant to engineering feasibility. Provides technical clarifications and exceptions to customer requirements, as applicable.
* Plans assigned projects and interprets all technical data to meet contractual requirements. Reviews customer designs, prepares work schedules and assures that all necessary items and personnel are available to complete the program. Coordinates in the initiation of quality standards to comply with customer requirements.
* Evaluates test and engineering data and implements any required design or data changes. Recommends program modifications, additions and/or deletions.
* Provides for preparation, modification, approval and distribution of engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, reports, SDRL items and other supporting documentation and instructions.
* Controls and monitors assigned projects. Provide engineering support to planning generation, tool design, quality assurance, engineering laboratories and manufacturing. Performs troubleshooting, as necessary, and maintain required liaison with other company departments to support assigned projects.
* Participates in project review and planning meetings. Conceives ideas for new project applications.
* In an appropriate manner, conducts all required customer liaison during course of planning and performance of projects. When requested, attends customer negotiations to furnish technical and engineering data to support technical proposal.
* Investigates and makes corrective action recommendations in respect to field failures.
* Contacts/visits vendors and subcontractors, as required, to support assigned projects. Initiates and provides these companies with all necessary technical documentation.
* Submits all required reports, recommendations and/or technical papers as related to assigned projects, including schedules and weight reports.
* Performs all work in a satisfactory and timely manner.
* This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
* Senior level standing at a 4-year university, M.E. degree preferred.
* Minimum of 0-2 years' experience in engineering project management, and/or manufacturing of products.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have firm understanding of aerospace engineering fundamentals.
* Must have a working knowledge of fundamental stress analysis methodologies and material properties of metals, as well as a fundamental understanding of metal forming and fabrication processes.
* High pressure pneumatic (metal) duct system and cryogenic duct system experience strongly preferred.
* Low pressure pneumatic (composite) duct system and insulation system experience strongly preferred.
* Must be able to solve problems proactively, make independent decisions and have good time management skills.
* Must be customer service oriented (internal as well as external).
* Requires strong leadership ability.
* Must be cooperative team player.
* Requires superior organizational skills and detail accuracy.
* Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Plan daily activities to ensure multiple projects or requirements are met.
* Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
* Push and pull 50 lbs.
* Bend Occasionally
* Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
* Talk and Listen Frequently
List any additional special requirements
Limitations and Disclaimer
THE STATEMENTS HEREIN ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES AND ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED. FURTHERMORE, THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ESTABLISH A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT AND THE CONTENT IS SUBJECT TO BE CHANGED, MODIFIED, OR DELETED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COMPANY. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT (ADA) OF 1990, THE COMPANY WILL MAKE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY AS DEFINED BY THE ADA.
"Arrowhead Products does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Arrowhead Products is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes."